Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Missing things

Life has been so busy lately. I think the last week has been my worst one in Mexico. But, I'm not here to talk about the shitty stuff, so here's the fun/interesting stuff I've seen as of late:

Another trip to the pyramids of Teotihuacan. This was a special day though, where you're supposed to get energy when you climb the Pyramid of the Sun. As it turned out though, we were already really tired by the time we took a long sweaty bus ride there, & walked beneath the blistering sun from the road to the site, and then along the walkway to the main pyramids. We decided not to climb the Sun because we'd already lost a lot of energy, and we wanted to be able to get the bus back home without collapsing from heat exhaustion.


Corn on the cob with cheese, chili, and stick:


Love notes for someone on their car:


I love being able to get a big cup of fruit or freshly squeezed OJ for a dollar or less.


An innovative statue-man in the Centro. He 'took' pictures of those who approached him, then took a paper with a cartoon of a princess, wrestler, or other, from his silver file folders to give to them. He always chose a cartoon that resembled the subject.


El Chopo's goth market:




Hail! in Mexico! This world never ceases to amaze me.




I'm pretty sure I just passed a rooster loose in the streets of Mexico City. Um... OK.

1 comment:

  1. Hail and a rooster on a Mexican street--huh. I'm hoping that big pile of shit has hit the fan and that there's none left. Another great batch of pics!

    ReplyDelete