Saturday, April 30, 2011

Museo Casa Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Khalo

Inner tourist, re-inspired.

First, brunch at family restaurant Vips. I don't think I like gooey yolks anymore.

In the late afternoon I took the Metrobus to San Angel in the south for some unfinished business. I've already been in the area, but I was suffering from heat exhaustion the previous time and I wasn't able to see one last place - Frida and Diego's studio.

You'll recognize it if you've seen the movie Frida. The artists lived there from 1934 to 1940. The white house is Diego's, the blue Frida's. It includes a walkway between their houses, and a beautifully lit studio on Diego's side.



The entrance cost a low 11 pesos, but photos demand an extra 30 pesos ticket. One of the security guards kindly let me snap this free of charge though. She had careful instructions about the distance I had to be while taking the picture.

A facsimile of Lo Que Vi en el Agua by Frida.

2 comments:

  1. How great that you could go back!
    I'm with you on the yolks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, some day.. SOME day i'll make it to Frida's house! SO nice that you went! Lucky! :-)

    As for the yolks... hehe... well, i have 2 gooey drippy yolks every morning! I LOVE them! That dinner you had looks rather... interesting though! Lol!

    ReplyDelete