Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let´s get down to business!

So I ordered some business cards today. Not too sure how they´re going to turn out, but I hope to use them to get some private students to fill out my schedule during the day. As it is I have classes in the morning and early evening. Yesterday and today I went home between classes, meaning I spent over 4 hours on transit each day. More like 5 hours today since I had some errands to run.

It´s not so fun lugging around my books all day. My shoulders hate me and I´m not sure how much longer the purse can hold out.

Today also marked the second New Yorker in DF that recognized my foreignness. In a tourist-y area I was approached by a woman who, in Spanish, asked if I spoke English. Why yes I do! It turns out that she was inviting me to Bible studies in English. My initial reaction was to run away, but then I realized that I should actually think about going. I´ve attended a cult business meeting and training, I´ve slept in train station in a foreign land, eaten kimchi chocolate, and seen two movies for the sneak of one - so... why not try even more things? How about a maybe, let´s see.

1 comment:

  1. That's a crazy amount of transit and I know how heavy your purse is without books. Only your shoulders are complaining? :-(

    The kimchi chocolate sounded worse than it actually was but yeah, you went there. Go for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete