Monday, January 3, 2011

Sweet caffeine hit


I had an early morning and something from within beckoned I grab a coffee at Starbucks while I was waiting. It's so hot and strong ;)

The day was full of errands, applying for jobs, and looking into getting my work permit. One school actually gave me a test to write! How good am I at: reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and idioms. Hmm. Another school gave me an interview and had me prepare a lesson to teach in 20 min. Meanwhile, other schools directed me to another person who would get back to me.

Most of the people I spoke with at the schools didn't speak English, so that was interesting. All of the application forms were in Spanish too.

One prospect has since been accepted, while another has been kicked out the door. And now, more waiting, wondering, and decision-making.

1 comment: