Monday, January 10, 2011

Work'n

I taught a class at an office in Polanco. I get to teach people who work at the Levi's office. Now that's a career choice! Imagine getting to wear jeans at work everyday? Their starting times are also flexible. Hmm...

I've been going to interviews, making calls, emailing, doing trial lessons, and choosing what schools/companies I want to work for. There seems to be a lot of work - it's just a matter of picking and organizing your schedule (classes and travel time) as best as poss-eee-buhhhl.

Of course I'm still a beginner in Spanish and I haven't studied for awhile, but I have been practicing in the street a lot. I changed my address at the bank, ask for directions, place basic orders, have simple conversations, and speak with people who've been sniffing paint thinner. This is the stuff I've been looking forward to.

Today I also went to Office Max (there are tons of American businesses here) to buy some work supplies.

I'm pretty comfortable with the transit here. The Metro is easy to use, though it takes a long time and the connections between stations can be a long walk. Then there are the Metro Buses, the Suburbano train, and the mini-buses.

Where to get on/of, how much it is... One important thing not to overlook: How do I get off the bus? A button? A cord? Orally? It's usually one of those.

I'm starting to feel more like a real person again, having things to do and a things to get excited about.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it wouldn't take long, you are no slacker. I'm sure your Spanish is better than certain people have indicated. *ahem*

    I love to learn a new transit system when I travel but most were more intuitive than those in Mexico. Good job finding your way off the bus!

    ReplyDelete